"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." attributed to Plato

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." attributed to Edmund Burke

Let's between us make the world a better place.




Wednesday 20 January 2010

Euphoria and disaster!

Today is the first day since submitting the final manuscript of Wounded Healers in a Fractured World, aka To heal the fractured Earth, aka Ripples of Hope! So I was feeling quite euphoric when I went down to church to set everything up for our mid week Holy Eucharist. I shared the good news about the book with our lovely priest Penny, made sure everything was done for her to start the service, and then went back into the vestry to ring the bell. All this is something I have been doing probably for 10 years or thereabouts!

So what happened? As I grabbed the rope and gave it the first hard pull to get the bell going, 20 feet of heavy rope ending in a large and very heavy metal hook crashed down from that great height smack into the middle of my head! I now have a gash stuck together with glue and my white mop of hair has pink highlights!!

But praise the Lord for our wonderful community that sprang into action, our super health service who patched me up and a wonderful circle of supportive friends. Bless you all.

What better photos to use today than of Cotswold churches I visited on a short holiday just before Christmas. Anyone know which ones they are?

No comments:

It's Time you knew - by Transition Rachel at YouTube

Many reasons to love La Gomera

Madeira

Sunset

Sunset
with vapor trails

Followers

Total Pageviews