"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." attributed to Plato

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." attributed to Edmund Burke

Let's between us make the world a better place.




Sunday 12 September 2010

Why I love flowers




Visited a garden today and saw these stunning flowers!




The cosmos in particular, below, was so unusual - the petals are formed into tubes, rather than being flat. I have never seen one like this before.


2 comments:

Big Apple Florist said...

Great post Eleanor! As a new york city florist shop we love seeing people get excited about flowers..

That cosmos is unbelievable. Great find! I haven't seen one like that either.


Anyways, thanks for sharing. These are some lovely flowers and great photography.

You should check out our blog. We write about flowers a lot..I'm sure you'd love it. Our latest post is on flower songs. I'm sure you'd enjoy rocking out to some good flower related tunes :)

Best wishes!

Eleanor Stoneham said...

Hi - lovely to know people read my blogs!!Glad you enjoyed the flowers and I have put up a few more today.
I love your collection of flower songs - take me back to my youth!!

It's Time you knew - by Transition Rachel at YouTube

Many reasons to love La Gomera

Madeira

Sunset

Sunset
with vapor trails

Followers

Total Pageviews